Sure! Here’s the highlighted text:
– The Himalayan capital that is sometimes spelled “Katmandu” is actually spelled “Kathmandu” (with an “h” instead of a “d”).
– Kathmandu is the largest city and capital of Nepal, a country in South Asia.
– Nepal is located in the Himalayas, which are the highest mountain range in the world, and Kathmandu is situated in a valley surrounded by these mountains.
– Kathmandu has a rich cultural heritage and is known for its historic temples, shrines, and stupas.
– One of the most famous landmarks in Kathmandu is the Swayambhunath Stupa, also known as the Monkey Temple, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– The city is also home to the Pashupatinath Temple, which is a sacred Hindu temple and another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– In addition to its cultural significance, Kathmandu is also a center for commerce and tourism.
– It serves as a hub for international flights into Nepal and is a popular destination for trekkers and mountaineers who wish to explore the Himalayas.
-Trekking routes to Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world, begin in the Kathmandu Valley.